Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I m 5 months pregnant and recently during facial my beautician used galvanic current. is my foetus safe?

I am a 5 months pregnant woman an I unknowingly went for a facial treatment using galvanic current.Later i came to know that it is harmful for the foetus. Now i am in a constant state of fear.Will it cause birth defect or miscarriage?Please help....I m 5 months pregnant and recently during facial my beautician used galvanic current. is my foetus safe?
most likely one treatment wont hurt. Obviously don't do it again (duh) and mention it to your doc at your next visit, or if you are really worried call in the morning. There is nothing you can do now so worrying will not help and its important to be calm and relaxed while pregnant. I personally have never heard of one round of anything (other than drugs like cocaine) hurting a fetus. It is typically from prolonged exposure. This is not to say you can try anything once while pregnant just to say don't beat your self up. Good luck!





Edit: I just did a little research on this and found it only to be ';not recommended'; during pregnancy which means they don't know for sure it will harm the fetus. Still don't do it but yes try and relax, and you should call the person who did your facial and let her know she isn't practicing safely!I m 5 months pregnant and recently during facial my beautician used galvanic current. is my foetus safe?
No worries. It likely won't cause birth defect or miscarriage. Just don't do it again.





Good luck.
i dont know but they are suppose to ask everytime they give you a facial!

No comments:

Post a Comment