Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I would like to know if I can completely replace my facial moisturizer with a high spf sunscreen?

Neutrogena makes a moisturizer with high spf in it... It's called Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 45. It's a little bit too moisturizing for me to wear every day (I have pretty oily skin to begin with) but I use it in summer pretty frequently.I would like to know if I can completely replace my facial moisturizer with a high spf sunscreen?
The most important thing you must concider is that sunscreen is very oily. This may cause your pores to get clogged thus resulting into breakouts. My suggestion would be to do some reseach and find a moisurizer made for the face with a high spf. Now-a-days with the more knowledge of skin cancer, cosmetic companies are providing their consumers excellent selections of spf products. Good luck!I would like to know if I can completely replace my facial moisturizer with a high spf sunscreen?
Yes, you can. I do it almost every day. But you must not use a normal body sunscreen because it's normally very oily and can clog your pores. Find one especially made for face.


I personally use Bioderma spf 100. It comes in clear/white or tinted. I absolutely love it as I live in South Africa and sun here is evil. I tried using it over my normal moisturizer but it was too rich so I switched to using only the sunblock. It keeps my face moisturized, smooth, not oily and well protected.
A sunscreen does not moisturizer your skin.





And yes a sunscreen can be oily.


I always use a moisturizer with a high spf sunscreen in it.
You can get facial moisturisers with high SPF included.


So you get best of both worlds.


Plain sunscreen might make you break out on your face
I do during the daytime in the summer and it works great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment